just a little preface...
This blog consist of meals that are practically all purchased with the help of my footstamp budget, I work full time, but as a single mom with two children at home I am classified as "poverty level". I thank God everyday that my children get good homecooked meals, because there are so many kids in the USA that go hungry every day. I just wanted to add this so if you think you cannot purchase good food and create good meals on a tight budget I hope my blog makes you think of food in a different way. noturtypicalgma




the only thing i ask in sharing these recipes with you, is that you must really love the person you serve them to....cooking is how i show my love to the special people in my life.....

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Clean Eating Minestrone


This is my recipe! I made it tonight!
Ingredients
64 oz chicken broth
1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes
30 oz. can of kidney beans
3 c. of cooked white beans
2 c. of loose baby spinach
1&1/2c. baby carrots cut in half
1 large white potato diced
2 c. snapped green beans
3 small zucchini diced
1/2 diced green bell pepper
1 cup of shredded cabbage
3  cloves of garlic minced=1tbsp
2tbsp freshly minced parsley
1/4c. yellow onion diced
1heaping cup of canned corn
2tbsp of cornstarch
1c. water
1 tsp each dried thyme, oregano, basil
pepper and salt to taste
Pour broth and tomato into a 5 qt. stockpot
heat on med heat
meanwhile take fresh veggies and saute in
1tbsp olive oilfor about five minutes
add to stockpot with corn and spices
mix 2bsp of cornstarch in 1c. water
stir till dissolved and slowly
add to pot, soup will thicken slightly

This makes 20 1c. servings so beware if you do
not want to make that much cut recipe in half!
I am freezing half of it for a later date.
  Also I had to remove some broth as I added vegetable
reserve it in a bowl about 2 c. add at end as soup simmers down

64 oz. chicken broth, and 14and1/2 oz can of diced tomatoes
add garlic and onion first then saute diced vegetables
 in 1tbsp of olive oil  for five minutes or so 
add 30 oz can of kidney beans drained half way

add 3 cups of cooked white beans
(these were from a previous recipe)

add 1 heaping cup of corn

add 1/2 tsp each of dried thyme, oregano, and basil

add fresh minced parsley
I did not add salt it was tasty on its own!
add 1 7oz pkg of small shell pasta after 20 minutes
after soup has simmered a total of 30 minutes add
2tbsp of cornstarch to 1cup of cold water and stir
till dissolved stir while pouring into soup
stir constantly soup will thicken slightly

this is the finished recipe
very tasty with crusty breadsticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment