just a little preface...
This blog consist of meals that are practically all purchased with the help of my footstamp budget, I work full time, but as a single mom with two children at home I am classified as "poverty level". I thank God everyday that my children get good homecooked meals, because there are so many kids in the USA that go hungry every day. I just wanted to add this so if you think you cannot purchase good food and create good meals on a tight budget I hope my blog makes you think of food in a different way. noturtypicalgma




the only thing i ask in sharing these recipes with you, is that you must really love the person you serve them to....cooking is how i show my love to the special people in my life.....

Saturday, June 25, 2011

My First Central California Food Revolution Visionary; Whole Foods and Revive Cafe

I have not posted in a bit and well no excuses other than I have been posting on my other blog "True Confessions of  A Welfare Mother"  http://noturtypicalgma.blogspot.com/  but that is not to say that I have not been cooking or eating, hah to the contrary. I have also been admining my facebook page Central California Food Revolution and as of now we have 25 likes but I would love a lot more! One of my likes is Kyal Cali Organics http://www.facebook.com/kyalhamilton  pageowner Kyals family owns and operates Whole Farms and Revive Cafe, which is located in Fresno Californa. Though I have not personally been there I am planning a little trip there next weekend, I am excited about something they are doing.

Whole Farms and Revive Cafe, their raw vegan cafe are offering food stamp/SNAP and Electronic Benefit Transfer cardholder recipients the chance to purchase 15 dollars worth of produce or food for 10 dollars! Through a special grant from Roots of Change http://rootsofchange.org/  they are able to to offer this for a limited time. Basically until the funds are exhausted. I think this is an awesome way to encourage people to check them out. Not limiting themselves to a certain type of consumer, but rather realizing that all consumers whatever their financial situation have the right to consume high quality food! That is why I am choosing them as my Central California Food Revolution Visionary. Something they just inspired me to do!

I cannot wait to visit them and  come blog about them some more to show you what these Food Revolutionaries are doing! Plus I get to try a raw chocolate smoothie! What more could a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment