just a little preface...
This blog consist of meals that are practically all purchased with the help of my footstamp budget, I work full time, but as a single mom with two children at home I am classified as "poverty level". I thank God everyday that my children get good homecooked meals, because there are so many kids in the USA that go hungry every day. I just wanted to add this so if you think you cannot purchase good food and create good meals on a tight budget I hope my blog makes you think of food in a different way. noturtypicalgma




the only thing i ask in sharing these recipes with you, is that you must really love the person you serve them to....cooking is how i show my love to the special people in my life.....

Friday, June 10, 2011

Join The Food Revolution!!!

Tonight Jamie Olivers Food Revolution will air and I just joined the community on facebook and requested to start a page for the Central Valley. It was approved and we are up and running. I want to encourage people from all over central Cali to join the movement. Childhood obesity is on the rise and so are diseases like diabetes and hypertension, especially in younger people every day. As a person who has struggled with my weight and also loooooves food it is my duty to get involved! The Food Revolution wants to create change... change in the food that our children eat at school, giving healthier options to them. Getting involved with school districts across the nation to get real food back into the cafeteria. Teaching kids and their families where their food comes from and teaching them how to prepare good healthy meals.These are all tools necessary to give our children a healthier future, one they deserve. Please join the Revolution in your community, to find your local community page or to request to start one go to this link http://www.jamieoliver.com/us/foundation/jamies-food-revolution/activists   and to join the Central California Food Revolution go to this link http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Central-California-Food-Revolution/179852995402251
Watch the show and then decide if you want to become an integral part of the Food Revolution. Heres a look at whats in store...



If after seeing this promo you are not moved to join then I don't know what else will make you. Be inspired, be motivated to create change, be a part of giving todays kids and their families a healthier future.

No comments:

Post a Comment