just a little preface...
This blog consist of meals that are practically all purchased with the help of my footstamp budget, I work full time, but as a single mom with two children at home I am classified as "poverty level". I thank God everyday that my children get good homecooked meals, because there are so many kids in the USA that go hungry every day. I just wanted to add this so if you think you cannot purchase good food and create good meals on a tight budget I hope my blog makes you think of food in a different way. noturtypicalgma




the only thing i ask in sharing these recipes with you, is that you must really love the person you serve them to....cooking is how i show my love to the special people in my life.....

Friday, June 10, 2011

Homemade Bread So Easy A Kid Could Make It...

Its no secret I love bread...recently we started making it again. I used to make it when the kids were little, now I make it because I like the satisfaction of knowing there are less than a gazillion ingredients in it. I call storebrand whitebread air bread, have you ever looked at it its all full of air holes... The recipe is not my own but from justpeace.org. It is simple and easy so easy I had Mak my daughter make it in the video. Hope you get in the kitchen and make some bread soon!


Ingredients
6-7 c. of flour
1c. of warm water
2 tbsp of instant yeast
3tbsp sugar or honey
3-4tbsp of oil
1c. of milk or water

The steps are as easy as 1-2-3-4

1. Put 1 cup of warm water plus 1tbsp of sugar or honey in large mixing bowl add 2tbsp of instant yeast. Let sit for five minutes.

2. Add 3c. of flour, 1c. milk or water, salt, 2tbsp of honey or sugar and 3-4tbsp of oil. Stir fifty times clockwise and fifty times counter clockwise.

3. Add another 3-4c. flour and mix until ball forms, turn dough out onto floured surface and let it sit for ten minutes then knead for five to ten minutes.

4. Let rise in a greased bowl for about an hour, it will double in size. Punch down dough, knead five more minutes divide into two equal parts and place in loaf pans or free form rolls or loafs and place on pan sprinkled with cornmeal.  This is where I let my bread rise for 10-15 minutes...... Bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes. 15 if smaller rolls. Let cool thoroughly.

oops seems I forgot there is a last step enjoy them!

The sandwich we built, we got rained out of going to the drive in...
turkey and roastbeef mustard, no mayo, lettuce, onion, tomato and jalapeno with baked Lays....
Here is  the video recipe









No comments:

Post a Comment