just a little preface...
This blog consist of meals that are practically all purchased with the help of my footstamp budget, I work full time, but as a single mom with two children at home I am classified as "poverty level". I thank God everyday that my children get good homecooked meals, because there are so many kids in the USA that go hungry every day. I just wanted to add this so if you think you cannot purchase good food and create good meals on a tight budget I hope my blog makes you think of food in a different way. noturtypicalgma




the only thing i ask in sharing these recipes with you, is that you must really love the person you serve them to....cooking is how i show my love to the special people in my life.....

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Moms Chili Con Carne

My mom used to make the best chili con carne. She used pork steak for this. Chili Con Carne or chili with meat was one of my Dads favorites, we never ate it as a burrito but usually on the plate with beans and rice. I make mine in a burrito just easier and less cleanup! I had made this a while back but never edited it and ran across it tonight. Since I showed you how I grill pork steak here is another option for you so I hope you enjoy it.


Ingredients
Moms Chili Con Carne
2 and 1/4 lbs of porksteak cut into small 1 inch pieces rinsed
1/4 c. flour
1tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cumin powder
4 roma tomatoes
1-4 jalapenos
1tbsp of garlic minced
1tbsp of red onion
Salt to taste

Video Recipe
Brown your pork for about 15 minutes and then add the salsa, simmer for another 10 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment