just a little preface...
This blog consist of meals that are practically all purchased with the help of my footstamp budget, I work full time, but as a single mom with two children at home I am classified as "poverty level". I thank God everyday that my children get good homecooked meals, because there are so many kids in the USA that go hungry every day. I just wanted to add this so if you think you cannot purchase good food and create good meals on a tight budget I hope my blog makes you think of food in a different way. noturtypicalgma




the only thing i ask in sharing these recipes with you, is that you must really love the person you serve them to....cooking is how i show my love to the special people in my life.....

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How To Make Homemade Taco Shells and Chicken Tacos

Tacos  in our house growing up were a weekly thing. My Dad loved tacos. As we got older my sister and I would have to fry the taco shells sometimes up to 15 or so. Tedious, but as I grew up I never, repeat never bought those prefab taco shells. They just do not taste the same as homemade. So here is a tutorial and a recipe for you to enjoy. I am even throwing in my daughters recipe for American Guacomole. Enjoy!


Ingredients
American Guacamole
1med avacado
2-3tbsp of sour cream
1/4 lemon wedge
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
salt to taste
~optional items~
1/2 diced tomato
tbsp fresh minced onion
1 minced jalapeno


Taco Shells
10 - 6 inch corn tortillas yellow or white
1/3 cup of canola oil for frying

Chicken Tacos
3-4 breast fillets cut up
1tbsp olive oil
2tsp of "No Salt" seasoning like Mrs. Dash
Salt to taste
10 Taco shells
Taco Fixings
1 cup of shredded cheese of your choice or crumbled Cotija
1/4 of small iceberg lettuce sliced thinly
1 tomato diced
Sour Cream
American Guacamole
Salsa or Hot Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment